Find Addiction Treatment Centers, Alcohol Detox, and Drug & Alcohol Rehab in New Hampshire
If you or a loved one are seeking alcohol detox, alcohol rehab, drug addiction treatment, mental health treatment, or sober living options in New Hampshire, you’re not alone. Paramount Recovery Centers can help you navigate and understand addiction recovery options.
At paramount your recovery is always our priority!
Free Insurance Check
If you or someone you love is struggling with substance use or mental health issues in NH, call today to speak with a treatment specialist.
NH Rehab: Find Addiction Treatment Centers, Alcohol Detox, and Drug & Alcohol Rehab in New Hampshire
Where Are Addiction Treatment Centers, Alcohol Detox, and Alcohol & Drug Rehab Located in New Hampshire?
New Hampshire has a variety of locations where individuals can seek alcohol detox, drug rehab, and addiction treatment. They can be found in various locations throughout the state. Here’s a general overview of the regions and cities where rehab centers in New Hampshire can be commonly found:
- Manchester: As the largest city in New Hampshire, Manchester, NH has several substance abuse treatment centers. Being a metropolitan area, residents and individuals from surrounding towns can easily access addiction recovery services here.
- Nashua: Nashua, being the second-largest city in the state, has rehab centers for individuals seeking treatment for substance abuse. Its proximity to the Massachusetts border may also serve those from the neighboring state.
- Concord: As the state capital, Concord not only has a variety of administrative services but also medical facilities, including those dedicated to alcohol detox, drug rehab, and addiction treatment. The centralized location can cater to individuals from both the northern and southern parts of the state.
- Salem: Located close to the New Hampshire-Massachusetts border, Salem has sobriety centers that cater to both New Hampshire residents and those from Massachusetts. Its position along the I-93 makes it easily accessible.
- Londonderry: Londonderry, being in proximity to Manchester and Nashua, is strategically positioned for those in the town and neighboring cities.
- Portsmouth: Located on the eastern edge of the state, Portsmouth and the Seacoast region has treatment centers for those in the coastal area.
- Keene: This city, in the southwestern part of New Hampshire, serves as a hub for drug abuse treatment in that region.
- Lebanon: Positioned in the western part of the state, near Vermont, Lebanon caters to those seeking a drug and alcohol abuse recovery program in the Upper Valley region.
- Laconia: In the Lakes Region of New Hampshire, Laconia has rehab centers for those living around Lake Winnipesaukee and nearby areas.
- Berlin: Located in the northern part of the state, Berlin provides rehab programs for residents in the Great North Woods region.
For those seeking targeted drug or alcohol treatments in New Hampshire, the New Hampshire Treatment Locator provides a comprehensive directory.
What is the Cost of an Inpatient and Intensive Outpatient Program in New Hampshire?
The cost of addiction treatment and alcohol rehab in New Hampshire varies widely based on several factors, including:
- Type of Treatment: An outpatient program is generally less expensive than inpatient or residential treatment programs. Medical detox programs, which often require medical supervision, can be on the higher end of the cost spectrum.
- Length of Stay: A 30-day program will generally be less expensive than a 60- or 90-day program, though longer substance abuse programs may offer better outcomes for some individuals.
- Treatment Center Amenities: High-end New Hampshire drug rehab centers with amenities such as private rooms, gourmet meals, recreational facilities, and holistic modalities will generally charge more than basic addiction treatment programs.
- Location: Some areas in New Hampshire might have higher-priced services due to factors like demand, real estate costs, or local economic conditions.
- Type of Program: Specialized programs, such as dual-diagnosis treatment for those with co-occurring mental health disorders, veterans, LGBTQ+ individuals, or other specific groups, might cost more.
- Insurance Coverage: Many health insurance plans cover some or most of the costs of addiction treatment, but this depends on the specifics of the insurance policy. The out-of-pocket costs for an individual can vary greatly depending on insurance coverage.
- State-Funded and Non-Profit Facilities: New Hampshire has state-funded and non-profit facilities that provide inpatient treatment and outpatient programs at reduced costs or even free for eligible individuals. These are typically more affordable than private facilities.
To ease the financial burden of seeking treatment, many New Hampshire drug and alcohol rehab centers offer various payment options and plans tailored to an individual’s financial circumstances. These payment options ensure that financial constraints don’t deter one from getting the necessary treatment. Investing in effective treatment, whether inpatient or intensive outpatient treatment center services, can save costs in the long run by preventing relapse and further complications.
The New Hampshire Bureau of Behavioral Health divides the state into ten distinct regions. In each of these, a private local community mental health center is contracted to deliver publicly funded services to eligible locals. These rehab centers in New Hampshire offer traditional and specialty programs tailored to adolescents, families, and older adults, with treatment services provided through inpatient, outpatient, and/or residential programs, including case management, evaluations, 24-hour emergency response, individual and group therapies, recreational therapy, community rehabilitation, psychiatric services, further counseling referrals, sober living help and more.
The Bureau of Drug and Alcohol Services (BDAS) advocates for community-based and non-profit programs for those seeking recovery as they offer fees adjusted based on an individual’s financial capacity. More information on these rehab programs can be found here.
Does Health Insurance Cover Rehab in New Hampshire?
Insurance often covers the cost of attending New Hampshire rehab centers. However, the extent and specifics of coverage for addiction treatment can vary based on the insurance plan and the type of care needed. Here’s what you need to know:
- Affordable Care Act (ACA): Under the ACA, drug, and alcohol use disorder services are considered one of the ten essential health benefits. This means that all health insurance plans sold on the Health Insurance Marketplace must cover substance use disorder treatment, including detox, drug addiction treatment, and treatment for co-occurring disorders. However, the exact coverage details can differ from one plan to another.
- Private Insurance: Most insurance plans offer some form of coverage for substance use disorder and mental illness treatment, including detox, inpatient rehab, outpatient rehab, and counseling. The specific amount covered, out-of-pocket costs, and in-network vs. out-of-network facilities can vary widely based on your private health insurance plan.
- Medicaid: New Hampshire expanded Medicaid under the Affordable Care Act (ACA), which means that many low-income residents can receive coverage for addiction treatment services through Medicaid. Eligibility and covered services can differ based on individual circumstances.
- Medicare: Medicare, primarily for seniors, provides coverage for addiction treatment under Part A (hospital inpatient) and Part B (outpatient services). Coverage specifics can depend on the nature and necessity of the treatment.
- State-Funded New Hampshire Rehabs: New Hampshire has state-funded rehabs that provide treatment at reduced costs or even free for eligible New Hampshire residents. These facilities are specifically designed for individuals without insurance or those who can’t afford private pay or other payment options available.
When you contact our addiction treatment center, we can do a free insurance benefits check to see how much coverage your insurance provider will cover for drug and alcohol rehab based on your insurance plan. Additionally, most health insurance providers will have information on their websites regarding substance abuse coverage. Your insurance provider can also give you more details about specific benefits, copayments, and deductibles for addiction treatment programs.
Do Rehabs in New Hampshire Treat Addiction and Mental Health Conditions?
Rehab centers in New Hampshire offer a broad range of addiction treatment center services that cater to addiction and co-occurring mental health disorders. While some rehab and prevention programs in New Hampshire may focus on specific addictions or target particular groups, the majority provide treatment services tailored to various substances and populations.
A significant number of rehab centers in the state specialize in treatments tailored to alcohol addiction. This normally includes individualized treatment plans that incorporate medical detox to manage withdrawal symptoms in a supportive environment, accompanied by evidence-based therapies such as behavioral therapy, individual counseling, group therapy, family counseling, support groups, recreational therapy, relapse prevention education, aftercare planning, and more.
According to the Substance Use Disorder and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), the most commonly addressed substances in a New Hampshire addiction treatment center include:
Common New Hampshire Rehab and Addiction Statistics
Substance abuse and addiction continue to be pressing concerns for many states, including New Hampshire. Key statistics related to rehab and addiction in NH include:
- Most of the U.S. saw an increase in drug deaths during the pandemic, but New Hampshire did not.
- As of 2023, the office of the chief medical examiner confirmed 19 drug overdose deaths in New Hampshire.
- As of March 2023, 69 suspected overdose deaths are awaiting toxicology reports.
- In 2022, New Hampshire had 463 confirmed overdose deaths. This was an increase from 436 overdose deaths in 2021.
- In 2021, New Hampshire saw a rise in suspected opioid deaths by 31% in Manchester and 36% in Nashua.
- In 2020, out of 297 overdose deaths, 215 involved fentanyl.
- In 2019, 80% of drug overdose deaths in New Hampshire were due to fentanyl, as reported by the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner.
One in five individuals from New Hampshire will face mental health challenges at some point in their lives. The NH Behavioral Health Association represents a collective effort of all ten community health centers across the state, aiming to better the mental well-being of its residents. Numerous private non-profit organizations collaborate with the NH Department of Health and Human Services, offering peer support services. These services are designed to support and help the long-term recovery of New Hampshire adults ages 18 and above who are struggling with mental health issues.
Request a 100% Confidential Callback
Is Alcohol Detox New Hampshire An Option?
Drug and alcohol detox services are available in New Hampshire on both a residential treatment program and an intensive outpatient program basis. Various substance abuse treatment options are available, including a detox center, inpatient program, residential treatment program, partial hospitalization program, intensive outpatient program, and even telemedicine platforms. It’s important to consult a medical professional to determine the most suitable substance use treatment option based on your needs and health status.
In instances of physical dependence, it is crucial to undergo medically supervised detox to ensure patient safety during drug withdrawal. This recommendation is particularly relevant for individuals with dependencies on substances such as opioids, alcohol, barbiturates, specific analgesics, or sedatives, where the severity and frequency of use are critical considerations, and residential treatment is generally advised for long-term recovery success. A residential program that includes 24/7 patient care offers a support system for relapse prevention, while medical care, evidence-based treatment, and holistic treatment are provided to reduce withdrawal symptoms and other potential health-related issues for New Hampshire clients.
Medication Assisted Treatment
Medication-assisted treatment (MAT) is often incorporated during detox to alleviate the symptoms of withdrawal. MAT can be used in conjunction with counseling and behavioral therapy during addiction recovery, providing an extra layer of protection against relapse. The use of medications is based on a client’s individual needs and circumstances.
What Can I Expect During Rehab in NH?
Entering a New Hampshire rehab program, especially one at an inpatient facility, means embracing a sober life within a structured environment that prioritizes 24-hour care for men and women suffering from substance use disorders. On the other hand, outpatient treatment, such as partial hospitalization, provides patients with the benefit of flexibility. While they undergo behavioral health care at a treatment facility during the day, they can return to the comfort of their homes at night, allowing them to maintain some aspects of their daily routine.
One of the core components of care at a treatment center is the emphasis on therapeutic interventions. Most facilities will integrate a holistic approach combining individual and group therapy sessions to ensure that patients not only address personal challenges but also benefit from shared experiences and peer support during the recovery process.
Find Alcohol Detox, Drug Rehab, Mental Health Services, and Addiction Treatment Centers in NH
If you are searching for “rehab in New Hampshire” or “rehab near me,” rest assured, our treatment center can help. When you call Paramount Recovery Centers, one of the admissions specialists at our rehab facility can help you find the right treatment program or sober living option for your unique needs and situation. We can also help point you in the direction of free New Hampshire resources to initiate your recovery. If you are ready to receive treatment, we’re here to support and guide you every step of the way.
Get Help Now
Ready to Get Help?
Most Insurance Plans Accepted
If you have insurance, your policy may cover the costs associated with addiction treatment. Our rehab accepts most major insurance providers. We also offer payment plans for those without insurance. If you don’t have insurance, we are here to help you learn what options may be available to you or a loved one. Take the first step today and contact our treatment center at (978) 878-3677. We are here to provide the support, care, and guidance you need for a successful recovery journey.