Opioid Addiction & The Opioid Epidemic in MA
Many people have had their lives upended by opioid addiction in MA. It is a chronic disease that is the cause of major health conditions. It is a narcotic that works as a strong pain reliever, affecting the nervous system. People are prescribed it by a doctor to manage continuing pain, but in the end, the addiction is worse than the pain it was prescribed for. Some of the most commonly prescribed opioids are:
Opioid Epidemic By the Numbers
Consider some of the statistics about the opioid epidemic:
- 1.6 million people had an opioid problem in 2020
- 745,00 people used heroin in 2020
- 50,00 people used heroin for the first time in 2020
- 14,480 people died from heroin overdoses between June 2019 and June 2020
- 2 million people used methamphetamine in 2020
- 1.6 million people abused prescription painkillers in 2020
- 10.1 million people abused prescription opioids in 2020
- 70,630 people died from drug overdoses in 2019
- 48,006 deaths caused by an overdose of synthetic opioids other than methadone from June 2019 to June 2020
Opioid Addiction Treatment in MA
At Paramount Recovery Centers in Southborough, MA, our medication-assisted therapy (MAT) is one of the most effective treatments for opioid addiction. The severity of the addiction makes it unlikely that you will be able to kick the habit without the intervention of prescribed medicine. MAT does not address only the opioid addiction but is known as a whole patient therapy, which attributes greatly to your success in recovering from this addiction.
Request a 100% Confidential Callback
If you or a loved one are struggling with substance abuse and mental health problems, contact our drug and alcohol rehab center in the Greater Boston area to talk confidentially with an addiction specialist. For immediate help, call (978) 878-3677 or fill out the form below, and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
"*" indicates required fields
Our team also provides a wide range of behavioral therapies, including:
- Motivational interviewing (MI) in MA – Focuses on the reasons you may not want to undergo drug treatment, and confronting this paradox while you are under the hold of addiction allows you to take control of your recovery
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT) in MA– Reveals the motivations and causes behind your drug use and allows you to address these problems and cope with them more successfully
- 12-Step program in MA – Discuss your struggles in a group setting with other people who are experiencing what you are currently going through and can offer support now and in the future during your recovery
Embrace Opioid Addiction Treatment at Paramount Recovery Centers
The opioid epidemic affected millions of people. At Paramount Recovery in Southborough, Massachusetts, we have an extensive treatment program that effectively confronts your addiction with an empathetic and caring approach where you work in tandem with your therapists to find a workable solution to your problem. We offer upscale accommodations in a tranquil setting that will put you at ease and make your stay as comfortable as possible. Reach out to our team today online for you to take the first step on your journey to wellness and recovery.